Monday, June 8, 2015

Forgiveness is the place of peace.


So, what really triggers my next blog is what comes up more than once. As I sit here looking out my windows with an amazing view of the sunset and a full view of the mountain landscape, I sigh. Just moments ago meeting my neighbor across the street , for the first time, he recently moved back in to the house because of his divorce. This was obviously not his choice, which I gathered through our conversation. What is it? what happens? I know on my end and can only reference that. I have had comments and am getting friends thanking me for for the insight of the blog. What is hard to hear is that this thing called divorce is happening so much. 

My ex and I have worked consciously to get to a place where we are not the issue anymore. Our children are in the front line. Believe me it was really rough the first 3 years. I prayed everday for both of us to let our children be greater than our own egos and issues. I have so many stories on being a survivor of something that I did not think would happen, even though I asked for the divorce. When the dust clears and we are left with our selfs, then comes the question, who am I now? Where do I go from here? How do my children recover? How do I recover? 

Forgiveness. The first thing I would like to share is Please do not speak poorly about the other parent in front of your kids. This action creates nothing good or positive. Second, don't use your kids as pawns and pit them against one another. PLEASE. You made a choice together to be adults and bring them into the world, act like it. Third, forgive each other. Look At what you can do, to do things different. You can not change anyone but yourself, stay focused on that. Lead with love. Last, don't beat yourself up, be kind to you. You are going to need to be there for your children and then you will find they will be there for you. Until next time. Much love.

2 comments:

  1. Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. - Buddha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to that Ken!!! Thank you for sharing that.

    ReplyDelete