Monday, June 22, 2015

Feeling no need.

So When you finally get to that space when you are semi comfortable in this human suit. The moment when you begin to realize that the things that use to feel so big are really silly. I actually think about the things I use to worry about and shake my head. I have my 48th birthday coming up, 2 years until 50, and I have some goals set. With another decade coming, I feel a major shift with it and it is exciting. I have come to know me in the silence; sometimes it was forced silence. In it I let go of the fear. The unknown, the control, The anxiety, the worry. I had a need to fix it, whatever IT was. I wanted it all to be ok. Well sometimes OK is not OK. Sometimes we need to not be OK.

Are you a fixer? Do you like it all to be a "certain" way? You are going to drive yourself crazy. Another thing I learned about myself is you can not control the response of someone else. All you can do is let them respond, take it in. Take a moment to acknowledge what they are saying. I have found we are backed up with our past. I will explain...here comes another theory. So! You have heard the term "baggage" right?! We all have it. It just depends on if you are checking in at the airport with a carry on or you need a major credit card to pay for you "bags". Think about it. Like attracts like. When we get to a place where we can move about the cabin freely, we really want to attract someone who can do the same thing.

So, don't feel the need to be right, don't feel the need to fix it, don't feel the need to be defensive. Let go of the fear and just be. Be the amazing human you were created to be. Lead with love. Ask for help, embrace you as you. Go out to dinner by yourself and put your phone away, take in those around you in your own silence. You are amazing just as you are. I am grateful for each one of you in your human suits! You shine!!!! Until next time, much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment