Sunday, May 31, 2015

I've fallen and I cant get up.

We stumble through life sometimes,  ha, most of the time. What is the purpose? Do you ever just think about that question? Why are we here? I am here to lift up. I am here to encourage. I am here to bring a smile to people faces. I am here to bring beauty to life. I am also here to raise amazing young men.

Most of my life I have dealt with my weight. As a child I was a chunky kid. I was made fun of, called names, spit on, things like that. I left a school because I was called fat and teased. Now I am sharing this with you for a pity party, it is just part of my journey. I lost 80 lbs twice. once in my 20's and again in my 40's. When we are given something, especially twice, I see it as a gift and God trying to tell me something. So sharing my story of hard work and believing I can do it is very important. Now there are tons of weight loss stories out there. People lose weight all the time, but what they don't talk about is the mind part of it.

I use to volunteer my time at the EDU ( eating disorder unit) at Children's Hospital. I would go in and give haircuts. The first time I went in, I cried the whole way home. I had never been so close to such a terrible disease. It broke my heart.  I know we all have someting that we battle with, no one has it all together. If you do leave a comment, I want to pick your brain. :) SO through my second round of weight lose 6 years ago, and coming into perimenapause during it ( cruel joke) gaining 20 back (another cruel joke) and experiencing this in the my 40's, which has been an amazing personal growth decade so far. I found that my brain and thoughts of my body never came with me through the weight lose. Now I hate the word FAT, hate it. Unless used in a sentence, mom those shoes are PHAT! but that is what my brain tells me, it is a consistent conscious effort to change your thoughts and change your life. In my journey people are sent to me to inspire them, like my 16 year old client who I mentioned a couple days ago. Your mind is a powerful thing, remember where you are right now is where you need to be. If you are having trouble moving forward in something, I believe it is because you have not embraced where you are right now. Love you you have become. I do :) Until tomorrow. Much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment